Electrocardiograph Equipment and Related Accessories PIN 2017.
Prior information notice
Section I: Contracting authority
NHS Supply Chain acting as agent for NHS Business Services Authority
Contact point(s): NUTS Code UKE4
For the attention of: Adam Williamson
WF6 1TL Normanton
Telephone: +44 1133854860
Fax: +44 1133854860
General address of the contracting authority: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
Further information can be obtained from: NHS Supply Chain acting as agent for NHS Business Services Authority
Internet address: http://procurement.supplychain.nhs.uk/ISS
Section II.B: Object of the contract (Supplies or services)
Various locations in UK.
NUTS code UK
- ECG Recorders (Low Mid and High Acuity),
- Holter Recorders,
- Event Recorders,
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors,
- ECG Machines with compatible treadmills (Stress Testing Systems).
A free-of charge after-sales product support (helpline) service is required to support the use of all products that are supplied under the terms of the Framework Agreement. Customer Service support staff must be able to provide technical (product) assistance during the hours of 9:00 to 16:00 (Monday to Friday) as a minimum. Customer Service support staff must also speak fluent English.
Precise quantities are unknown. It is anticipated that initial expenditure will be in the region of 6 000 000 GBP excluding VAT in the first year of this Framework Agreement however this is approximate only and the values may vary depending on the requirements of those bodies purchasing under the Framework Agreement.
It is estimated that the total expenditure over the lifetime of the framework (2 years with option to extend a further 2 years) will be in the region of 25 000 000 GBP excluding VAT.
Estimated cost excluding VAT: 25 000 000 GBP
The following certification will be a requirement of the upcoming tender exercise and Applicants will be required to include evidence of this certification with their tender submission:
- ISO 9001:2015 or equivalent externally accredited and up-to-date quality standard certificate(s) to cover all segments of the Applicant's (and the product's) supply chain. This should include but may not be limited to manufacturing storage and distribution. Further information in respect of certification requirements will be set out in the notice for the forthcoming procurement. If such certificates are not in the name of the Applicant then the Applicant must supply a copy of agreements setting out the authority and responsibilities of all parties in the supply chain.
NHS Supply Chain expects to provide successful suppliers with the opportunity to offer additional savings to customers through the provision of discounted pricing value added offerings and commitment/bulk buy initiatives.
The Framework Agreement will be between NHS Supply Chain and the Supplier however 1) NHS Supply Chain; 2) any NHS Trust; 3) any other NHS entity; 4) any government department agency or other statutory body (for the avoidance of doubt including local authorities); and/or 5) any private sector entity active in the UK healthcare sector will be able to enter into a direct contract with the Supplier for any of the supplies and/or services under the Framework.
The Supplier will be required to report to and pay a direct contract management fee to NHS Supply Chain as detailed in the tender documents.
As part of its pre-tender strategy NHS Supply Chain would also like to engage with suppliers of these products via a Request for Information (RFI). If you would like to complete the Request for Information document in respect of the products which are the subject of this procurement then please follow the below instructions;
Candidates wishing to complete the Request for Information must register their expression of interest.
1. Use URL http://procurement.supplychain.nhs.uk/ISS/ to access the NHS Supply Chain Procurement portal2. If not yet registered: Click on the "Not Registered Yet” link to access the registration page. Complete the registration pages as guided by the mini guide found on the landing page.
If registration has been completed:
- Login with URL http://procurement.supplychain.nhs.uk/ISS/- Click on the "Supplier Dashboard” icon and select "Prior Information Notice” towards the top right of the screen to open the list of new Prior Information Notices.
Expression of Interest
- View PIN content by clicking on the "View notice” button for the procurement event. This opens a PDF document.
- Express an interest by clicking on the "Express interest” button.
Request for Information Document
- The Request for Information Document will then be sent to you via the Intenda Messaging Centre.
- Applicants will then have until until 14.4.2017 to complete and return the Request for Information document.
Estimated date of publication of contract notice January/February 2018.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section VI: Complementary information